It’s a fine line isn’t it? Having faith I mean that there will be abundance…rather than crossing over into the fear of scarcity. Or indeed FOMO, the ‘fear of missing out’ another common phenomenon.
I have many conversations with clients about this pretty big mindset dilemma. This can manifest in many ways too. Scarcity can be a general perception of the future which is not enough’ness in some way…insufficient…in short supply…or that fear of missing out on something…there’ll never be another opportunity. Or at least that’s what our inner voice (or negative voice) likes to threaten us with.
The general perception is one thing and then added on top is the castrophizing our minds like to do. This has shown up with many clients in comments such as:
- My staff will never improve or change, what’s the point
- It won’t get done unless I make it happen
- I have to get this done or else I’ll look bad, lose my job, look incompetent
- If we share our talent, knowledge, experience with other organisations…I’ll lose my edge and customers
I wonder in a way if this is part of the human condition…half empty or half full. I know in my own business and leadership I’ve fluctuated between both, depending on what life is throwing my way and my level of emotional resilience at the time.
What I’ve realised is that when I allow my inner voice to run riot this is the cause of the stress, anxiety, glass half emptiness – not the situation I am dealing with.
Scarcity can be a very stressful, uncreative, limiting and demanding place to be. This is a completely different energy and focus compared to abundance – or my preference Trust. What would that look like? Trusting in you, trusting in life, trusting that whatever you do or don’t do – all will work itself out and all will be well. Whatever happens you can adjust and will be able to handle it.
So my friends, 3 Ways to combat a scarcity mindset:
- Check-in with Reality – ask yourself do you know what the future holds? How many times have you expected one thing and something else has happened? None of us know the future. Consider the worst case scenario and how you would handle it if this were it to happen…
- Focus on Possibility – focus on what you do want, what is working and what you can put in place to move towards where you want to be. Get aligned with reality and focusing on the next step, even a small one, will move you forward into possibility
- Trust – let go, release your grasp, loosen your grip on the demand that things be different to how they actually are. Creating this space allows other creative possibilities to emerge which you are much more likely to see and say YES to. Remember nothing is for life, we are only ever in the ‘right here, right now’ so in the next ‘right here, right now’ you can always course correct
Trust, be open…see what comes your way…see what happens…see what is evoked in you
Learn how to release your state from fear to creative possibility and learn the tools to keep this going for yourself, for the rest of your life. Come and join me in a warm and welcoming environment, in my online taster session for The Power of Purpose course.
Taster sessions are on Wednesday 24th August or 14 September 6-7:30pm.
I’d love to see you there…
FREE tickets here: Book FREE Online Taster for Power of Purpose
Bye for now…